Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Make it real...

Just a short update on the Milepost 18 layout.
In the last blog I started to built the catenary support mast that will hold two PL signals.

Now it is time to get my PL project out of the sandbox and make something "real".
For the signals I needed a platform instead of a PRR standard mast.
I took some measurements on the proto-photos and drew a 3D model.


After a week I had a fine detailed 3D printed model of the platforms in the mail.
I took me two evenings assembling and wiring the heads and finishing up the first signal.

The second signal will take less time as it is only a single head...







No comments :

Post a Comment